At 16 I would have killed for a sweet classic car like my friend’s ’69 teal Malibu – it may have been a boat, but it was cool. Nope, instead I drove a practical Toyota. Driving down the road I would notice old cars and imagine decking them out to road trip with friends. Who hasn’t dreamt of driving down the coast in a classic cherry Mustang, top down, the wind in your hair and the open road ahead. Carson City’s Silver Dollar Cruise Night brings polished chrome, tricked-out and souped-up cars & trucks, live music, dancing and great weather. The open road lies ahead – where you can either take your classic car for a cruise or bring a lawn chair and enjoy from Carson Street.
Here’s your last chance at the Silver Dollar Cruise night, August 4, before an all-out celebration of the American automobile at the annual Silver Dollar Car Classic, August 5-7. Mills Park in Carson City turns into a hot rod mecca of 400 of the finest ever made, with restored cars and trucks on display. The event brings classic car lovers by the thousands to the capital city annually where enthusiasts and owners swap stories about how they maintained their vintage cars and what kind of work went into them. From engines to parts to old time rock ‘n roll and great food by dozens of vendors, the show provides anyone who loves cars a place to see some of the best in the West.
Silver Dollar Cruise Night, August 4
- 6 – 8p.m. Plaza Hotel & Conference Center, 801 S. Carson Street.
- Open to any make and model.
- No fee to participants.
- Free to public.
- Food available in the conference center.
- Information: 775-687-7410
Silver Dollar Car Classic Car Show, August 5 – 7
- For registration or information: 775. 687-7410 or 800-638-2321.
- Open to all makes, models and years.
- Family event with rock & roll music in the park all weekend.
- Friday night Street Dance across from the Nugget sponsor by the Nugget.
- Poker Run, BBQ and Awards on Sunday.
Until next time! – Tiara